The Independence Visitor Center Corporation (IVCC) has openings available to join our staff as a Visitor Experience Associate (VEA). We are looking for attentive, outgoing, energetic individuals with a background or interest in assisting visitors to Philadelphia from around the region, country, and the world.
The Visitor Experience Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service and information, and promoting an enriching experience for visitors to Philadelphia and the surrounding counties. As a Visitor Experience Associate, you will actively engage with tourists and local visitors of all ages, greeting them in a positive, cheerful manner, answering questions about what to see and do, events, historical sites, and selling tickets to tours, museums, attractions and special exhibits.
Day-to-Day, you will:
- Greet visitors, respond to questions, encourage engagement and provide outstanding customer service
- Provide visitors with accurate, up-to-date information about attractions, services, events and activities taking place in the region
- Identify and fulfill customer needs, e.g. directions, daily itinerary, hotels, attractions, etc.
- Make attraction, hotel, tour, restaurant reservations, etc., for customers as requested
- Sell tickets to tours, attractions, museums, events and exhibits; introduce promotions and opportunities to customers
- Operate cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers
- Work to resolve guest complaints/issues to ensure an above-satisfactory closure
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate with visitors via email, telephone and in-person
- Perform other duties as requested
You have a diverse background, which may include:
- Excellent customer service, computer and clerical skills
- Two (2) years of previous related experience, or combination of education/experience
- Cash handling experience is a plus
- Multilingual skills
Other Position Requirements:
- Candidates must have the ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Availability to work Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, along with availability for at least one day during the week, and U.S. Holidays. The Independence Visitor Center operates 363 days-a-year (closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day).
Click to apply, or email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.